Flying is not cheap, and aircraft ownership can be downright expensive. However, flying is affordable at the Elkton Flying Club. Student pilots pay as they receive flight instruction, so a
large upfront expense is not necessary.
Once a license is received, pilots can fly as much as their budget supports without the cost of aircraft ownership. Rates for flight instruction and aircraft rental are below.
Johnson Aviation (Elkton Flying Club)
AIRCRAFT OPERATING POLICY
1. Aircraft rental rate is per hour engine run time as shown on the Hobbs meter, if installed, or aircraft clock. Time will be rounded up to the nearest 1/10 hour. All rental rates include fuel. Solo rental requires an endorsement from an approved flight instructor. Rental rates are subject to change based on current fuel costs.
Piper J3 Cub - $80 per hour
Cessna 150L - $80 per hour
Cessna 172 - $100 per hour
2. Flight Instruction rates are generally $40.00 per hour. However, instructional rates are set by each instructor and vary depending on type of instruction. Contact the instructor for their hourly instructional rate.
3. Aircraft should be scheduled online at www.elktonflyingclub.com or by calling 270-847-6511. If a cancellation is required, please cancel online or call as soon as possible.
4. Aircraft is to be operated from Elkton Standard field (5KY4) or public use airports with hard surface runways extending at least 3000 feet.
5. Aircraft operations from Elkton Standard field (5KY4) must be between the hours of sunrise and sunset unless special arrangements have been made with the Elkton Flying Club owner. ALL OTHER NIGHT OPERATIONS AT 5KY4 ARE PROHIBITED
6. A proper preflight in accordance with aircraft operating manual or approved checklist is required. Pilots MUST visually check fuel levels prior to flight.
7. Pilots should always verify current weather conditions, NOTAMS, flight restrictions, and airport information before flight. NEVER FLY WITH CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY IN THE AREA OR FROST ON THE WINGS.
8. No eating, drinking, or smoking in or around the aircraft. Bottled water is ok.
9. Pilots making fuel purchases at remote airports should keep the receipt to obtain credit for the purchase. If fuel levels become less than required for safe flight back to 5KY4 (due to weather for example), fuel the airplane and an appropriate reimbursement will be agreed. NEVER OPERATE AIRCRAFT LOW ON FUEL.
Johnson Aviation (Elkton Flying
AIRCRAFT RENTER’S AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT, made and
entered into on this the ______ day of __________________, 20_____ by and
between _____________________________________, hereafter referred to as the Renter,
and Johnson Aviation (Elkton Flying Club), hereafter referred to as the FBO.
of the FBO agreeing to rent aircraft to the Renter, the Renter
does hereby agree as follows:
1. The Renter acknowledges that he has
received a copy of the operating policy of the FBO, that he has read the
same, and that he agrees to abide by said policy and all requirements therein.
2. The Renter agrees that he will not
operate any aircraft of the FBO without properly scheduling and
receiving a dispatch from the FBO.
3. The Renter agrees that he will not
operate any aircraft of the FBO without first receiving an endorsement
from a check pilot approved the FBO to the effect that the Renter
is qualified to operate said aircraft.
4. The Renter agrees that, during such
time that a rental aircraft is in his control and possession, he will take all
steps necessary to safeguard said aircraft, that he will properly lock and tie
down said aircraft when it is left unattended, that he will not allow anyone
not authorized by the FBO to fly said aircraft, and that he will not
have any maintenance service performed on the aircraft without the FBO’s
5. The Renter agrees to obey all
regulations issued by the Airport, State, and Federal Aviation Administration,
and all rules and regulations issued by the FBO governing the use of the
6. The Renter agrees to assume all
financial responsibility for use and/or any damage or injuries caused by the Renter
during the use of an aircraft rented from the FBO, and to pay for any injuries
and damages on the aircraft. The Renter
further understands that if he should cause damage or injury to persons or
property as a result of his use of an aircraft rented from the FBO, the FBO’s
insurance carrier may exercise the right of subrogation against the Renter
for any and all amounts paid by said insurance carrier as a result of the Renter’s
use of the aircraft. PURCHASE OF RENTERS
INSURANCE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
7. The Renter agrees to provide at the FBO’s
request all documents and log books belonging to the Renter that are
required to provide the Renter’s qualifications and experience to
operate a rented aircraft and that all information provided to the FBO
is correct and accurate. Renter also
agrees to permit FBO to verify through other sources any or all
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the
parties have caused this agreement to be executed on the day and year above
_____________________ Date ______________________